Eight Exemplary Hotels and Hoteliers Received Prestigious Membership Awards for Industry Leadership, Innovation & Dedication to their Guests, Employees and Communities
NEW YORK, NY — (November 2022) - The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.
(LHW) held its 2022 Annual Convention from November 17 – 19 in Riviera Maya, Mexico. General managers and owners from LHW’s portfolio of over 400 independent luxury hotels and top industry leaders joined the Company’s annual marquee event. In spirit of the conference theme, “The Leading Edge,” LHW brought together its community of visionary hoteliers to engage in thought provoking discussions about the future of luxury hospitality, to innovate and to build momentum for an even stronger future for this critical hospitality segment.
The 2022 Annual Convention included daily business sessions spotlighting presentations from LHW management team and a roster of influential external speakers from Travel + Leisure, Deloitte, Delta Airlines, CoStar Group, Kalibri Labs, The Boston Consulting Group, and author of “How Creativity Rules the World,” Maria Brito. Evenings included engaging networking moments, a cultural event and a celebratory gala. All conference activities took place throughout Riviera Maya, Tulum and at LHW’s host property, UNICO 20º 87º Hotel Riviera Maya
The finale of the three-day Annual Convention was an exclusive Gala Dinner and Membership Award Ceremony set in the lush jungles of the Riviera Maya. An evening filled with excitement and wonder welcomed LHW’s guests as they celebrated members and hoteliers for their exemplary industry leadership, inventiveness and dedication to their guests, employees and communities.
The 2022 Leading Hotels Awards Honorees Include:
- Leading Legend: Mr. Ivan Artolli, Managing Director of Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo, for his passion of true luxury hospitality, iconic leadership and understanding of excellence at all levels of hotel service for more than 35 years.
- Uncommon Vision: Mr. Nikheel Advani, Chief Operating Officer & Principal, Grace Bay Club & Rock House Resort, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, for developing innovative business solutions that led to significant property, community and industry effect.
- Change-Makers: Tortuga Bay, Dominican Republic for their commitment to improving their community’s physical, economic and emotional well-being.
- Remarkable Experiences: The Okura Tokyo, Japan for delivering unexpected moments and story-worthy guest experiences through innovative service and creative team engagement.
- Sustainability Leader: Abadia Retuerta LeDomaine, Spain for its commitment to responsible travel, prioritizing environmental protection and incorporating locally supportive practices into its holistic hospitality experience.
- Guest Favorite: Hotel Sacher Salzburg, Austria, for going to great lengths to ensure comfort, safety and satisfaction for their guests and participating in LHW programs that supported these efforts.
- New Member of the Year: Casa Angelina, Italy, for its engagement with Leading Hotels and dedication to establishing and maintaining exceptional quality scores.
- Member of the Year: Nayara Tented Camp, Costa Rica, for demonstrating extraordinary support of, and engagement with the Leading Hotels organization and its programs.
The Leading Legend and Uncommon Vision honorees received an Alpine Eagle wristwatch by Chopard. Chopard’s family-run business and storied heritage presents many synergies with LHW as a brand and the 2022 Annual Convention was the second showcase of the two companies' collaboration.
The 2023 Annual Convention will be held November 9 – 11 in Puglia, Italy at LHW host hotel Borgo Egnazia.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, LHW is the largest collection of independent luxury hotels. In 1928, 38 independent hoteliers came together to create LHW. Since then, the Company has carefully curated distinctive hotels, resorts, inns, chalets, villas, and safari camps from the snow-capped Alps of Europe to the African veldt, to share them with adventurous souls who seek the remarkably uncommon. The LHW community is filled of exceptional individuals, united by a passion for the surprising discoveries and details that come with every experience. LHW hoteliers are artisans of hospitality whose expertise, commitment to excellence, and individual flair allows them to create story-worthy moments for their guests. And it is these authentic, individualized experiences combined with the warm hospitality and high-touch service they provide that keeps discerning travelers returning again and again. LHW’s collection covers the globe and promises a broad range of destinations and uncommon experiences, enhanced by LHW’s tiered guest loyalty program Leaders Club. From converted former palaces, and countryside retreats run by the same families for generations, to gleaming skyscrapers in dynamic urban centers, serene private island escapes, glamorous tented camps – and beyond – explore, find inspiration, and experience unforgettable travel moments. For more information visit: www.lhw.com
, Facebook at @LeadingHotels
, Twitter at @LeadingHotels
and Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld