Five New Awards Unveiled to Celebrate Members’ Creativity and Vision in 2020
NEW YORK, NY— (November 2020) The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd (LHW)
announced its 2020 Membership Award winners this week during the Company’s eConvention. The awards were the culmination of the three-day event, that was virtual for the first time in its history.
LHW eConvention By The Numbers
3 Hours of live streaming content each day
52 Speakers across 17 countries
330 1:1 Appointments in 2 hours
800 of the best hoteliers worldwide
This year’s eConvention brought to life virtually LHW’s Annual Convention, a deeply valued event by LHW hoteliers. The 2020 theme of the eConvention was “Empowering Your Success: From Survive to Thrive” and presented industry insights and trends to help LHW hoteliers learn from the past and plan for the future during this critical moment.
“As we continue to navigate this difficult year we believed it was imperative to create a virtual experience where our community of 430+ hotels could connect, support, and learn from one another,” said Shannon Knapp, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Leading Hotels of the World. “LHW was able to offer all of our hoteliers complimentary access to the eConvention bringing together a record number of attendees. I am incredibly proud of the success of this event in uniting our passionate community and delivering informative and inspirational content they can use to prepare to thrive coming out of this crisis”
LHW’s 2020 Membership Awards were held on the last day of eConvention and were specifically designed to celebrate member hotels whose creativity and vision created new possibilities for the hospitality industry during this time of unprecedented disruption.
“Considering the chain of events and impacts on our business that resulted from COVID-19, we wanted to align this year’s Membership Awards with the values that unite our outstanding hoteliers, and have them reflect the realities of this challenging year. I extend my sincere congratulations to our exceptional nominees and award winners,” said Knapp.
The 2020 Leading Hotels award honorees include:
- LHW Community Engagement: Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine in Spain for exhibiting the highest levels of engagement through the LHW Hotelier Portal. The portal is a key LHW tool that facilitates collaboration and enables our members to share ideas and learn from one another.
- Customer Champion: Ashford Castle in Ireland for being a champion for their customers during this difficult year. The award acknowledges a hotel that went above and beyond to ensure their customers’ peace of mind through LHW’s Healthy Stays commitment with GBAC Star Accreditation, participating in Flexible Cancellation rates to ensure stress-free bookings for their guests, and integrating “Hotel Experiences From Home” into their offerings.
- Change-Makers: Awarded to both Royal Mansour Marrakech in Morocco and The Okura Tokyo in Japan for going to great lengths to support their community this year and accelerate local physical, economic, and emotional recovery. Both hotels doubled down on their role as a pillar of the community.
- Remarkable Experiences:a Awarded to both Castell Son Claret in Spain and Katikies Hotels in Greece for delivering unexpected moments to their customers throughout 2020. They offered customers distinctive ways to invite discovery and exploration of their destinations and their properties, whether in person or remotely, despite the obvious challenges.
- Uncommon Vision: Mr. Gregory Day, General Manager of Malibu Beach Inn, for seeing opportunity in the face of a formidable challenge. This hotelier responded to the disruption of COVID-19 and the loss of business continuity it created to develop innovative business solutions that have and will lead to a significant business, community and industry effect.
All award recipients received a gift from Moët Hennessy, the Wines and Spirits division of LVMH that boasts 26 Houses inspired by the same spirit of perfection and shaped by the ongoing quest for innovation.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (Leading Hotels)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels is a collection of uncommon luxury hotels. Rooted in the locations in which they are found, members embody the very essence of their destination. Through varied styles of architecture and design and distinct cultural experiences enhanced by passionate people, the collection is for the curious traveler looking for their next discovery. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, Leading Hotels has a more than nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable, authentic travel experiences. The company selects only hotels that meet its high standards for quality and distinctiveness, resulting in a curated portfolio of hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the details that make them different. Leaders Club is the company’s exclusive tiered guest loyalty program, consisting of like-minded travelers seeking uncommon travel experiences. The program provides its members with personalized service and exclusive travel benefits to enhance their stays at any Leading Hotel around the world. For more information visit: www.lhw.com
, Facebook at @LeadingHotels
, Twitter at @LeadingHotels
and Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld